After talking to our moms and to each other, Casey and I decided to just wait and see. The external pressure procedure has some pretty scary risks and a very low success rate. Casey gave me a blessing and we both feel a lot of peace about just waiting and planning on a c-section. It is strange to not be worried and to not feel an urgency about her birth. If she turns, she turns. But both of us don't think she will turn, though she still might, chalk that up to parental intuition.
So if Miss Shelby doesn't turn I will have a scheduled c-section around September 18th. It was a little hard for me to think that I might never give birth naturally, but Casey and I are just happy that Shelby and I will be okay, 50 years ago breech births usually resulted in a very sad end, so just having a c-section seems like a huge blessing. We are also excited to get our little girl a week early! I'll admit that it takes a lot of my anxiety away to have a more definite date. Like my mom said yesterday, "Shelby just wants to have a pretty head." Whatever happens, we are so grateful I have a good doctor and that whether she turns or not, her and I will both be just fine.
A girly girl already! How sweet. :)
ReplyDeleteYou two have just the right attitude. It's nice to see the end in sight.
ReplyDelete