The big news of the appointment is that I will have my c-section on September 21st! My doctor would like to do it on the 18th but he will be out of town, so we will wake up that Monday and have a baby. It is so interesting how good Casey and I both feel about this whole process. My entire pregnancy I've been a nervous wreck, but I feel very calm and peaceful going into my cesarean. Casey is also incredibly excited, and bonus, September 21st is the day he's wanted her to come the whole time because it's his sports number. So while I could still go into labor before my scheduled c-section--which means I have to rush to the hospital for an emergency c-section due to complications with a breech baby--we will most likely have an autumnal equinox baby on the 21st.
Random Fact--They call it a cesarean section because Julius Caesar was apparently born that way. However, historians doubt he really was born cesarean because his mother lived many years after his birth and almost all women died of such a procedure in 100 BC. (Yes I have been reading about c-sections a lot, of course I would learn some history :)
This is SO exciting! I am so happy for you and Casey! I can't wait to see pictures of baby Shelby in a few weeks! Enjoy the last part of your pregnancy - it will be over soon.
ReplyDelete